If you’re grappling with a persistent toothache, you’re likely seeking answers and, more importantly, relief. Toothaches can be incredibly bothersome, disrupting your daily life and causing significant discomfort. But what causes them, and could a root canal be the solution? Let’s explore these questions.
What Causes Persistent Toothache?
- Tooth decay: This is the destruction of your tooth’s hard, outer layer (enamel) caused by a buildup of plaque and bacteria.
- Gum disease: This is an infection that damages your gums and can destroy the bone that supports your teeth.
- Tooth abscess: This is a pocket of pus that’s caused by a bacterial infection, often in the root of the tooth.
- Impacted tooth: This occurs when a tooth, usually a wisdom tooth, is unable to break through the gum.
- Cracked or broken tooth: This can cause a toothache when you chew or bite, as it puts pressure on the crack.
- Teeth grinding or clenching: This habit can wear down your teeth and cause a toothache.
Can a Root Canal Help?
A root canal is a dental procedure that involves removing the inflamed or infected pulp inside your tooth, cleaning and shaping the inside of the root canal, then filling and sealing the space. This procedure is typically performed to save a tooth that is severely decayed or infected.
If your persistent toothache is due to deep decay or an infection that has reached the pulp of your tooth, a root canal may indeed provide relief. By removing the source of the infection and sealing the tooth, a root canal can alleviate the pain.
However, a root canal is a significant procedure and is not the first line of treatment for a toothache. Less invasive treatments are usually tried first, such as fillings for cavities, root planing for gum disease, or extraction for an impacted tooth.
Seek Dental Advice
A persistent toothache is a clear sign that you need to seek dental advice, and we can definitely help. It’s crucial to remember that there are many potential causes and corresponding treatments. If you’re experiencing a persistent toothache, it’s best to book a consultation with us, so that we can determine the cause and the most appropriate treatment for you. Whether it’s a simple filling, a root canal, or another treatment, there’s a solution that can help you return to your daily life without the constant discomfort of a toothache.
Why Choose Anderson & Broadberry Dental Care for Root Canal?
When it comes to your dental health, choosing the right provider for root canal treatment is essential. At Anderson & Broadberry Dental Care, we are committed to providing premium care and here’s why we should be your choice for root canal treatment:
- Expertise: Our experienced dentists specialise in endodontic procedures, ensuring precise and effective root canal treatments.
- Cutting-Edge Technology: We employ state-of-the-art equipment and techniques, ensuring the highest standard of care.
- Comfort and Compassion: Your comfort and peace of mind are paramount to us. We approach every procedure with compassion and ensure you are at ease throughout your treatment.
- Individualised Care: We tailor our treatments to your unique needs, ensuring that your root canal procedure is personalized for the best results.
- Reasonable Pricing: We believe in accessible dental care. Our root canal treatments start from just £596, providing you with quality care at a reasonable cost.
- Comprehensive Services: Beyond root canals, we offer a wide range of dental services, ensuring all your dental needs are met under one roof.
- Patient-Centred Approach: Your well-being is our priority. We take the time to listen to your concerns, answer your questions, and involve you in your treatment decisions.
- Proven Results: Our track record of successful root canal treatments and satisfied patients speaks volumes about our commitment to excellence.
- Convenient Location: Located in Swallownest, Sheffield, our dental practice is easily accessible for patients in the area.
What Patients Are Saying About Us
How to Find Us in Swallownest
We are conveniently located at 📍46 Worksop Road, Swallownest, Sheffield S26 4WD📍You can access our expert dental services by car or by public transportation with ease. Ample parking is available.
Book an Appointment
Need a root canal treatment in Swallownest, Sheffield? Simply fill in this form. A member from our friendly team will be in touch shortly.