People may experience tooth loss for a variety of reasons, including trauma, untreated tooth decay, and congenital conditions. However, just because something is generally frequent does not imply it should be disregarded. There is no such thing as safety in numbers when it comes to oral health or health in general. What are the various treatment options for people who have one or more missing teeth, and should they consider taking corrective action?
How Frequently Do Teeth Go Missing?
You might be surprised to learn that one in 20 adults in the UK suffers from hypodontia (congenitally missing teeth). In addition, there are several situations where untreated decay has resulted in tooth loss, as well as people who have lost a tooth or teeth in an accident. Adults in the UK who are missing one or more teeth amount to the hundreds of thousands. We can tell you that our dentists in Anderson & Broadberry Dental Care consistently address the issue of missing teeth with skill and compassion.
- Impact on Self-Esteem: Your confidence and sense of self-esteem may be affected by the gap left by missing teeth. When laughing or speaking, people who are lacking teeth may cover their mouths, or they may avoid smiling and other actions that might reveal their teeth.
- Changes in Jaw Bone structure: The jaw bone can shrink and the gum can pull back when a tooth is gone because the gum and bone are no longer stimulated. Affected neighbouring teeth increase the likelihood of additional tooth loss. The reduced jaw bone can also have a detrimental effect on a person’s look, giving the face an older appearance with hollow cheeks that are more inclined to sag.
- Overuse of other teeth: Whether it’s for chewing food or for clear speech, every tooth has a function. Missing teeth throw off the alignment of the remaining teeth, which changes the bite pressure. As a result, the remaining teeth may experience an increased workload, shift positions, or succumb to damage and strain.
- You Can Once Again Enjoy A Full And Diverse Diet: The lack of teeth prevents many people from enjoying food because it restricts what they can eat. Depending on the procedure chosen to replace missing teeth, you can discover that a full, varied diet is once again accessible and that eating is once more an enjoyable experience.
The remedy could be genuinely long-lasting
There are different degrees of durability offered by various tooth replacement options. Despite the fact that a partial denture only lasts five years or longer in 40% of cases, it may appear like a cost-effective alternative.
In contrast, because dental implants connect with the jawbone and perform similarly to natural teeth, they have a 98% success rate and frequently last a lifetime. In 90% of cases, implants will continue to function well 15 years after being placed.
The cost of replacing missing teeth is an investment, but when compared to the expense of continuing dental care to address the numerous issues that these missing teeth may cause, In the long term, it’ll probably be money well spent.
Any person thinking about replacing their missing teeth has a number of possibilities. This is frequently influenced by a variety of variables, including your existing dental health, the number of missing teeth, and your financial constraints.
At Anderson & Broadberry Dental Care, the best treatment for you will be discussed during a consultation with one of our dentists.
- Partial Denture: An acrylic plate or metal frame, that may be removed from a partial denture, holds one or more artificial teeth in place. Although it is the least expensive choice, it has the lowest long-term success rate, with only 40% of cases lasting five years. Compared to implants, which work like a genuine tooth would, partial dentures are removable and provide a radically different experience.
- Resin-bonded Bridge: This method of treatment uses metal “wings” to attach a prosthetic tooth to the back of the teeth that are next to it. Although the average lifespan of seven years is not significantly longer than the partial denture, the success rate is high with the bridge lasting at least five years in 88% of cases. One disadvantage is that, in some circumstances, the natural supporting tooth may be able to reveal the metal holding the prosthetic tooth in place.
- Conventional Bridge: A traditional bridge consists of one or more fixed artificial teeth that are secured in place by crowns on the teeth next to them. In comparison to the treatments stated earlier, this approach is more long-term and has a high rate of success. The surrounding teeth may suffer harm as a result of being “filed down” to make room for the bridge, which is a potential problem to take into account.
- Dental Implant: The option that functions most like natural teeth and has the best success rate is dental implants. Where teeth have been extracted, they aid in maintaining bone density. They are extremely successful and typically last a lifetime. They can be treated exactly like a natural tooth in terms of appearance and functionality. Even though a dental implant may be the most pricey alternative, the fact that they are a long-lasting kind of treatment helps to balance this initial cost.
Why Choose Anderson & Broadberry Dental Care for Dental Implants?
At Anderson & Broadberry Dental Care, we understand the importance of personalised care. Our team of experienced professionals is committed to tailoring each treatment plan to meet your unique needs and preferences for dental implants. Here’s why we stand out:
- Expertise: At Anderson & Broadberry Dental Care, you can trust our dental implant specialists who possess years of expertise in the field. Our team’s extensive knowledge and experience ensure that you receive the highest standard of care when it comes to dental implants.
- Comprehensive Care: We offer a complete range of dental implant services, covering every aspect of the procedure from initial consultation to post-implant follow-up. From diagnostics and treatment planning to the implant placement and restoration, we have all your implant needs covered under one roof.
- Personalised Treatment: No two patients are alike, and neither are their dental needs. Our commitment to personalised care means that we create individualised treatment plans tailored to your unique oral health situation and aesthetic preferences. Your comfort and satisfaction are our top priorities.
- Cutting-Edge Technology: To ensure the best possible outcomes, we stay at the forefront of dental implant technology. Our clinic is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and tools, allowing us to provide you with the most advanced and effective implant solutions available.
- Competitive Pricing: We understand the importance of affordability when it comes to dental implants. That’s why we offer competitive pricing, with implant procedures starting at just £2,955. Quality dental implants should be accessible to all, and we are committed to making this a reality for our patients.
- Exceptional Quality: Quality matters, especially when it comes to your oral health. We use top-tier materials and employ the latest techniques to ensure that your dental implants are not only aesthetically pleasing but also durable and built to last. Our commitment to excellence means you can trust the longevity of your implants.
- Patient Comfort: We understand that dental procedures can be intimidating. Our team goes above and beyond to create a comfortable and welcoming environment, and we utilise pain management techniques to minimise any discomfort during your implant journey. Your peace of mind is important to us.
- Convenient Location: Located in a convenient and accessible area of Swallownest, Sheffield, our clinic makes it easy for you to receive the dental care you need. We prioritise accessibility and strive to make your visits as hassle-free as possible.
- Patient-Centred Approach: Your satisfaction and well-being are at the heart of everything we do. Our patient-centred approach ensures that you are involved in every decision and step of your dental implant journey, allowing you to feel confident and informed throughout the process.
- Proven Success: Our track record speaks for itself. Many satisfied patients have experienced life-changing results through our dental implant services. We take pride in the positive impact our work has on the lives of our patients and are committed to delivering the same success to you.
What Patients Are Saying About Us
How to Find Us in Swallownest
We are conveniently located at 📍46 Worksop Road, Swallownest, Sheffield S26 4WD📍You can access our expert dental services by car or by public transportation with ease. Ample parking is available.
Book an Appointment
Need dental implants in Swallownest, Sheffield? Simply fill in this form. A member from our friendly team will be in touch shortly.